December 9, 2011 § Leave a Comment
Sorry for the radio silence. I know I haven’t posted in quite a while. The Thanksgiving holiday messed with my flow.
I started working on the process of actually writing, or at least outlining, the charter application document. This is particularly difficult since:
1) OPSB has not issued an RFA (request for applications) yet
2) There is no known timeline or due date for applications
Either way, I know what needs to go into a typical charter application. So, I just started writing.
I started working on a mission statement. Here’s an early draft:
The XXXX School develops students to be intellectually curious, socially responsible and purpose-driven citizens who pursue academic and personal excellence in an integrated, rigorous and dynamic learning environment to prepare them for success and fulfillment in college, in a career and in life.
I think it’s in an okay place right now, but I would love feedback. I want to communicate a few things in the mission:
1) an emphasis on life-long learning, living with intention and being an active citizen
2) a sense of personal excellence as well as academic excellence
3) that the best schools prepare their students not just for college, but for life
You’ll notice that there is no school name – more on that early next week.
For now, I’m curious to hear your input on the mission as currently constituted.